Tuesday, June 26, 2012

INSPIRATION [color blocking]

Who doesn't love getting trendy styles without the trendy prices? Since I've been color blocking happy lately, I figured I would finish off the trend with an Inspiration post. My favorite part, is how custom this can be. Don't like the colors? Simply choose your favorites and have fun!






inspiration color block

SKIRT: Find a cheap thrift skirt in your favorite color, grab some fabric dye (follow instructions on box) and put in a tub large enough to dip your skirt into, hang to dry and you have a fabulous color block skirt in your favorite colors!
HEELS: I love these! Grab some cute shaped heels from your local thrift, scuffs don't matter because you simply paint with nail polish, add glitter while its drying, cover with clear polish or modpodge for a fabulous bling look!
PURSE: Find a simple purse that you love the shape of, use painters tape to tape off sections and create those great blocks, using fabric paint, change up the colors. When its dry pull off the tape to reveal your masterpiece!
NECKLACE: Find a cheap chain necklace, or head to your local home improvement store chain section. They have an amazing selection in every shape, size, and even material. Choose your favorite-but beware as fun and chunky as a metal chain would be-it may get heavy quickly around your neck so choose wisely! Finish off by dipping sections of the chain into your favorite paint cans, let drip dry, and add jewelry fasteners to make it easy to get on and off, or make it long enough to slip on!

To find out more about these designer items, click the image to head to Polyvore! My estimated prices for creating are based on savvy shopping at your local thrift stores, and what items most have around their house! Questions about how to do something? Let me know! I'd love to help, or even make a tutorial for something if requested!

ariana neala dear wallet


6 comments:

  1. Thanks! If you partake in any, I'd love to see it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag concept! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great-can't wait to see yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative when it comes to fashion, I see you like to use nail polish for a lot of coloring projects, I am going to have to try that, thanks for the inspiration.
    Xoxo Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I do! Nail polish is just the perfect little item to keep in your toolbox for anything from fixing scuffs on shoes to decorating them! I stock up on cheap ones and have them in tons of colors for little projects like these! Tip: paint outdoors whenever you can, whether you 'like' the smell or not it can cause headaches or worse!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, questions, and suggestions so leave me some love- I read and respond to everything! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...